A unique robot with unique features
Baxter is an entirely new type robot that is redefining the way robots can be used in manufacturing environments. It performs a variety of repetitive production tasks – all while safely and intelligently working next to people. How? Baxter exhibits behavior-based ‘common sense,’ capable of sensing and adapting to its task and its environment. It requires no complex programming or costly integration. And with its uniquely low price point, Baxter provides a compelling alternative to low-cost offshoring for manufacturers of all sizes.
Baxter is a different type of robot delivering a different type of value. Simply put, it’s not your typical industrial robot, which means it can be used in a variety of ways and places where industrial robots are historically impractical.
Baxter differs from typical industrial robots in several key ways, including:
- It requires no safety cages and is safe to operate directly next to people
- There’s no programming required – line workers can train Baxter manually
- It’s very capable and versatile for a range of repetitive tasks
- It allows streamlined integration with your system, when compared with traditional industrial robots
- It works intelligently – it knows what you want and does what you expect
- It is an extensible platform – add tasks and capabilities via software upgrades
- It is very affordable, featuring an unprecedented $25,000 base price