automotive & transportation equipment
Robots have long been utilized by car and transportation equipment manufacturers. Traditionally, they were found in the body shop—caged to protect workers and limited to a small range of painting and welding operations.
Baxter is different. And delivers a cost-efficient alternative to offshoring.
Designed to operate without safety cages, Baxter is well suited to a variety of simple, repetitive tasks and immune to repetitive stress injury. It can:
- Pick parts from structured locations and load a line with them
- Press-fit plastic parts into place
- Load and unload paint racks
- Apply adhesive beads and wipe off excess adhesive
- Use a scale to weigh parts
- Operate visual quality inspection stations