Rethink Robotics develops intelligent, affordable, user-friendly robots that can operate safely next to people in a wide range of manufacturing, production and R&D environments. Founded in 2008 by robotics pioneer Rodney Brooks, former director of the MIT Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, the company is successfully introducing robots into organizations and applications for which robots have historically been impractical.
Rethink Robotics has created a new category of manufacturing robots that are intelligent, affordable, easy-to-use, and safely work side-by-side with people on a factory floor. The robots do simple and ubiquitous manual tasks that can be trained by a typical factory technician, and are so versatile and re-useable that they can be deployed in short-run and flexible manufacturing environments. The concept is smart software and sensors making low-cost robots highly functional and changing the economics of capital vs. labor while improving the quality of jobs for manufacturing workers.
The Strategic Accounts Sales Manager will be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While we’re changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution – so we’re focused on both. We’re out in front anticipating our customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. We’re humble, we’re great, and we’re unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
Strategic Account Sales Manager Mission & Responsibilities
Rethink Robotics is building a first class sales organization from the ground up, and we have big plans and big aspirations. The Strategic Accounts Sales Manager (SASM) will help fuel this ambitious growth. This opportunity will provide the structure for you to be successful with extensive technical training and sales mentorship, combined with a team based and development focused management approach. Our SASM will work closely with strategic customers and our Channel Partners to help proactively identify and convert new customers, grow existing, international and national accounts and ultimately exceed quarterly sales quotas.
Success in this position requires solid acumen with technical solutions, a passion for talking with people, problem solving, persistence, flexibility, identifying opportunities and a strong drive to generate new business.
The success of the SASM will be measured upon the following:
• Attainment of individual revenue goals
• Proactive identification of new customer opportunities
• Strategic targeting of identified industries, markets, customers
• Number of engagements made in a period
• Technical and application creativity and leadership
The SASM will generate new prospects and manage qualified leads in their respective territory and provide technical input for manufacturing and automation solutions. He/She will proactively identify customer prospects where Rethink solutions can add value, and work with sales team partners and Channel Partners to create the technical solution required to meet and exceed customer requirements.
Provide Sales and Support Leadership:
The SASM will help remove sales barriers by assessing client needs and applying creative technical solutions for Rethink Robotics products in a manufacturing environment. Provides product demonstrations for customers as well as identifying, coaching, training, technical assistance and professional development to distributors.
The scope of the SASM’s responsibilities will also include:
• Lead development, management and sales execution for Rethink’s opportunities in Europe
• Planning and managing the relationship between Rethink Robotics and its most important strategic customers in collaboration with Rethink’s Channel Partners
• Set up and negotiation of frame contracts / agreements with strategic customers
• Application, technical and sales leadership
• Product demonstration and technical presentations
• Trade show and event support
• Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
• When required, act as a Project Manager to ensure the final solution meets customer’s expectation
Key skills and experience required
• Master’s degree or Diploma and equivalent experience in the manufacturing/automation industry
• 5+ years in a sales / account management role or technical sales role, preferably in manufacturing/automation
• Experience in developing international strategic accounts, acting locally and in HQ organizations
• Experience demonstrating high-tech products and solutions based selling
• Experience working with, motivating, and driving Channel sales
• A track record of developing and closing business
• Expert knowledge of CRM products such as Salesforce.com
• Ability to communicate efficiently and persuasively with a large assortment of people
• Organization and time management skills, with an ability to cope with a fluctuating workload
• Ability to adapt quickly to new and varied job tasks in a fast paced environment
• Incredible attention to detail, to ensure accurate use of internal systems and processing of information
• Analytical, technical and problem solving skills that can be applied to real world solutions
• Willing to travel up to 70%
• Home office based position based in Germany
And a plus:
• Experience of selling to/working with automation/manufacturing companies
• Background and experience in the robotics industry
• High-growth start-up experience
Interested? Put your best foot forward and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.