Rethink Robotics has pioneered the development of smart, collaborative robots that can operate safely next to people in a wide range of manufacturing, production and research & education environments. Founded in 2008 by renowned roboticist Rodney Brooks, the company is successfully introducing robots into organizations and applications for which robots have historically been impractical. Just as the PC revolutionized the way computers were used by office workers in the era of mainframes, Rethink Robotics is revolutionizing the way people in manufacturing, production, research and education can access and use robots in their jobs.
The Senior Software Engineer, Backend will be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While we’re changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution–so we’re focused on both. We’re out in front anticipating our customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. We’re humble, we’re great, and we’re unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
Senior Software Engineer, Backend Mission & Responsibilities
Are you passionate about cloud computing and creating high quality frameworks? Are you ready to apply your passion to the world of collaborative robotics? If yes, we’d love to hear from you! The software team at Rethink Robotics in Boston, MA is looking for an experienced server-side software engineer who will help deliver web-based applications to support Rethink’s robots around the world. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop the server-side infrastructure to support an extensible robot engine.
- Author server technology for managing data related to manufacturing robots.
- Develop applications that address needs in analytics, robot fleet management, and machine learning.
- Create deployment and monitoring tools to make life easier for you and your team.
- Support operations in the test and development environments, and respond to issues with the team.
- Drive decisions about system architecture and technology selection.
- Review source code and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Previously launched consumer or business-facing services on AWS or the Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to rapidly learn new languages and frameworks that best fit the task-at-hand
- Experience developing against, scaling, and maintaining databases (SQL and/or NoSQL) in a production environment
- Comfortable building public RESTful JSON-based APIs
- Solid understanding of web security (CORS, XSS, CSRF, SQL injections, etc)
- Experience setting up server monitoring systems like nagios, monit, statsd
- Working knowledge + experience employing APM best practices, tools, and platforms to monitor and support distributed systems
- High proficiency in the Linux command-line environment
- Able to communicate and collaborate with product managers and other software engineers
- A self-starter than can architect and implement complex systems with a high degree of autonomy
- 5+ years of experience developing highly available (and scalable) cloud-based applications
- B.S. or higher in computer science or a related field.
Preference to Applicants with:
- Experience working with Node.js in production applications
- Track-record of developing highly reliable products using test-driven processes
- Comfortably experienced with git & Jenkins
- A love for robotics!
Interested? Put your best foot forward and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org