Rethink Robotics has pioneered the development of smart, collaborative robots that can operate safely next to people in a wide range of manufacturing, production and research & education environments. Founded in 2008 by renowned roboticist Rodney Brooks, the company is successfully introducing robots into organizations and applications for which robots have historically been impractical. Just as the PC revolutionized the way computers were used by office workers in the era of mainframes, Rethink Robotics is revolutionizing the way people in manufacturing, production, research and education can access and use robots in their jobs.
The Product Validation & Reliability Lead Engineer, will lead and be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While we’re changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution–so we’re focused on both. We’re out in front anticipating our customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. We’re humble, we’re great, and we’re unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
Product Validation & Reliability Lead Engineer Mission & Responsibilities
You are responsible for verifying the design meets the system-level design specifications, reliability targets, regulatory and safety requirements. The position requires significant cross-functional coordination between Controls, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware and Quality teams. The scope of the position will go from early DFMEAs to complete reliability growth testing (RGT) to establishing mean time between failures(MTBF).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and management of system and subsystem level FMEAs.
- Accountable for developing, maintaining and executing on a timeline the program design verification plan and reporting (DVP&R).
- Develop and maintain RGT plan including accelerated durability testing of components, subsystems and complete systems to establish the mean time between failures.
- Interact with Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware and Controls teams to build reliability and validation test infrastructure.
- Apply reliability methods and metrics to monitor reliability risk for future new product development cycles.
- Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution of failures.
- Research and apply new innovative analytical methods, testing practices and reliability processes to build more robust verification & validation plans.
- Minimum requirement is a B.S. Engineering, Science, or Statistics with five years of experience in the field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience setting up and running RGT, FMEAs, DVP&R and Gage R&R
- Solid working knowledge of applied statistics reliability statistics, and Weibull Analysis
- Understanding of accelerated testing methods and the governing equations
- Experience in the physics of different failure mechanisms.
- Project management skills
- Experience with Electro-mechanical assemblies
- Statistical Quality Control
- Minitab software
- Proficiency in using typical lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, etc.)
- Experienced in writing test plans & specifications.
Interested? Put your best foot forward and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.