Rethink Robotics has pioneered the development of smart, collaborative robots that can operate safely next to people in a wide range of manufacturing, production and research & education environments. Founded in 2008 by renowned roboticist Rodney Brooks, the company is successfully introducing robots into organizations and applications for which robots have historically been impractical. Just as the PC revolutionized the way computers were used by office workers in the era of mainframes, Rethink Robotics is revolutionizing the way people in manufacturing, production, research and education can access and use robots in their jobs.
The Quality Director will be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While we’re changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution–so we’re focused on both. We’re out in front anticipating our customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. We’re humble, we’re great, and we’re unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
Quality Director Mission & Responsibilities
Establish Quality systems and drive product quality during the development, manufacturing and sustaining phases of a robotic system’s life cycle. The primary responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Setup a Quality system to support new product development and sustaining activities.
- Establish and structure a Quality team to provide routine support for:
- Complaint management
- Design changes and reviews
- Process changes
- Yield and production issues management
- Supplier Quality Management
- Document Control
- New product development
- Verification/Validation activities.
- Develop and lead Hardware Quality Strategy.
- Prioritize quality actions and communicate up, down and across the organization.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight to reliability testing.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering,
- 7+ years experience in a Quality Engineering role,
- Proficiency with statistical process control and data analysis,
- Technical expertise in change control and configuration management,
- Strong problem solving, facilitation and analytical abilities,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills,
- Demonstrated skills executing an ongoing relationship with engineering, operations and external partners in a virtual manufacturing environment, and
- Previous relevant experience launching complex electromechanical products into manufacturing,
- Solidworks, EPDM & Omnify experience.
Interested? Put your best foot forward and submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com