Rethink Robotics develops intelligent, affordable, user-friendly robots that can operate safely next to people in a wide range of manufacturing, production and R&D environments. Founded in 2008 by robotics pioneer Rodney Brooks, former director of the MIT Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, the company is successfully introducing robots into organizations and applications for which robots have historically been impractical.
Just as the PC revolutionized the way computers were used by office workers in the era of mainframes, Rethink Robotics is revolutionizing the way people in manufacturing, production and R&D environments can access and use robots in their jobs. Our robots provide a productivity advantage for manufacturers and a robust innovation platform for laboratories, while redefining how and where robots can be used. More importantly, Rethink Robotics’ robots will help change the economics of producing everyday products, making it more competitive to manufacture them in the United States, rather than outsourcing that work to low-cost regions. In this way, our vision of re-shoring manufacturing to the United States is being realized.
The International Logistics Coordinator will be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While we’re changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution–so we’re focused on both. We’re out in front anticipating our customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. We’re humble, we’re great, and we’re unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
International Logistics Coordinator Mission & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Sales, Finance and Operations to maintain and update shipment allocation report and communicate lead times.
- Create packing slips, commercial invoices and SLI’s for relevant customer shipments.
- Maintain knowledge of US and foreign regulations regarding international shipments and ensure government, customer and company requirements are met.
- Manage 3rd party order fulfillment center and maintain accurate records of inventory at all times.
- Coordinate with freight consolidator and customers to schedule all freight shipments and deliveries.
- Perform receiving, inventory control, and stockroom transactions. Conduct and analyze inventory cycle counts.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the stockroom.
- Approve freight related invoices for payment.
- Kit and issue components for customers as needed.
- Work with support team to fulfill RMA’s and issue replacements as needed.
- Continually seek opportunities for cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Maintain accuracy of all shipment and inventory data on ERP system.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in Business/ Inventory Management/Logistics or related field
- 1-3 years of logistics experience
- Relevant experience shipping electromechanical components internationally in support of an engineering development team and production is preferred
- Ability to multitask in a demanding schedule driven environment
- In depth knowledge of incoterms, HTS codes, commercial invoicing, duties, tariffs and other international documentation
- Strong PC proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and commercial ERP applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, accountability and desire to grow professionally.
Interested? Put your best foot forward and submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com